JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- If you are looking for a new recipe to try tonight, Chef Omar from Nipper's Beach Grille shares how to make Yellow Curry Jerk Spiced Scallop Pasta.
Yellow Curry Jerk Spiced Scallop Pasta
U-10 Scallops 4 each
Jerk Spice 1 Tablespoon
Lemon Juice ½ lemon
Yellow Curry Sauce
Olive Oil ¼ cup
Onion Diced ½ cup
Lemongrass ¼ cup
Ginger ½ cup
Kaffir Lime Leaves 3 each
Yellow Curry Paste 3oz
Tumeric 1 Tablespoon
White Wine or Sake ½ cup
Coconut Milk 2 16oz Cans
Half and Half 1 cup
Fish Sauce 2 Tablespoons or To Taste
Sugar ¼ cup
Lime Juice 2 Limes
1. In a hot sauce pot Put in Olive and Sautee Onion, Lemongrass, Ginger, Lime Leaves, Curry, and Tumeric until well caramelized and slightly charred
2. Deglaze your pot with White Wine.
3. Add in Coconut Milk, and half and half and stir until well mixed.
4. Let simmer for about ten minutes.
5. Add in your Lime Juice, Sugar, and Fish Sauce. You want to find a nice balance between these three final ingredients. You should be able to taste them all equally.