Flood Warning expires at 8:00 AM on 4/18, issued at 10:44 AM Bryceville, FL | Callahan, FL | Fernandina Beach, FL | Glen Saint Mary, FL

City celebrates return of historic clock

The Jacobs Jewelers clock was dedicated on April 17.
The Jacobs Jewelers clock was dedicated on April 17.
Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 4/17/2013 11:37 pm

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A famous Jacksonville landmark is back in its place.

The historic Jacob Jewelers clock has been reinstalled to its post on the corner of Laura and Adams streets downtown. Mayor Alvin Brown and other city leaders attended a ribbon-cutting ceremony today to dedicate it.

It has been away for extensive renovations. The clock dates back almost 80 years.

The re-installation began last month with the construction of a concrete foundation to house the 2.2-ton clock.  The clock is one of 12 remaining out of only 100 made in 1901. Jacobs Jewelers gifted the clock to the city in 1995.

Share
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.