JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- There will be a lot of police and fire activity all across Jacksonville on Thursday morning, but you don't need to be alarmed about it.
It will all be part of an emergency drill.
The First Coast Disaster Council is coordinating a hospital disaster exercise from 9 a.m. to noon tomorrow.
The event will simulate a disaster event with mass casualties. Local emergency departments and medical facilities will all take part.
Those hospitals include:
- Shands Jacksonville Medical Center
- HCA Memorial Hospital
- HCA Specialty Hospital
- HCA Orange Park Medical Center
- Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville
- Baptist Medical Center South
- Baptist Medical Center Beaches
- St Vincent's Medical Center Riverside
- St Vincent's Medical Center Southside
- Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville
- Brooks Rehabilitation Hospital
The First Coast Disaster Council is comprised of medical facilities in Northeast Florida, private ambulance transporters and other suppliers, public sector Emergency Medical Service agencies, private volunteer groups such as the American Red Cross, Salvation Army and Amateur Radio Emergency Services, National Disaster Medical System and participating public sector Emergency Management agencies.