ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- St. Augustine city officials plan to close several streets and detour traffic onto other streets for the half marathon on Sunday, Nov. 17.
The event features races of three lengths: a half marathon, a 10K and a 5K. All three races run along the same general course and are also at the same time.
Areas closed to all traffic are:
- W. Castillo Dr.
- Northbound lanes of S. Castillo Dr./Avenida Menendez north of the Bridge of Lions
- Westbound lane of Bridge of Lions
- Inside lanes, northbound and southbound of Anastasia Blvd./State Road A1A from the Bridge of Lions to State Rd. 206 and along State Rd. 312 from State Rd. A1A to Sgt. Tutten Rd.
W. Castillo will reopen after races have started and area has been cleared, by approximately 7:30am. Other road closures will start at 6:30am and will completely reopen by 10:30am.
Areas affected by detours starting at 5:00am are:
- Bridge of Lions – two-way traffic alternated using eastbound lane only
- Anastasia Blvd./State Road A1A from the Bridge of Lions to State Rd 206, and State Rd. 312 from State Rd. A1A to Sgt Tutten Rd. – all traffic restricted to outside lanes