Flood Warning expires at 8:00 PM on 4/28, issued at 10:03 AM Bryceville, FL | Callahan, FL | Fernandina Beach, FL | Glen Saint Mary, FL

What if I'm injured on the job, but I'm not here legally?

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Updated: 4/13/2007 6:37 pm
If you're injured on the job and are here illegally, you might not think you can receive any benefits from your employer. That's not true. You're entitled to medical treatment at the expense of your employer and its insurance company. This is your right even if you don't have the legal documents required to reside in the United States legally. You can even receive disability benefits while you're recovering from your injury. If you never fully recover, you could be eligible to receive additional disability benefits. Vocational retraining might even be possible, depending on your circumstances. If you've been injured on the job and aren't living in the United States legally, you'll probably find it helpful to seek the counsel of an attorney experienced in Workers' Compensation laws.
Tonight On FOX30
On Now ›› How I Met Your Mother
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.