Lawnmower sparks Oakleaf house fire
CLAY COUNTY, Fla. -- A lawnmower sparked a house fire in Clay County today.
The fire happened at a home on Horseshoe Trail Drive in the Oakleaf neighborhood.
Investigators say a man spilled gasoline on the mower when it suddenly backfired. The spark set the gasoline on fire. The flames spread to the home.
An 18-year-old man and his four younger sisters escaped unharmed.
The home is a total loss.
Firefighters from Jacksonville helped put out the fire.
Copyright 2012 High Plains Broadcasting LLC All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.