JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Several local events have been postponed to due the heavy rain moving through.St.Johns County:
- The Players 5K with Donna at TPC Sawgrass has been postponed. Participants are being asked to still pick up race packets at the original time, because the bags contain free grounds tickets to The Players Championship on Sunday.
- Plastic Bottle Boat Race at the St. Augustine Yacht Club has been postponed.
- Jacksonville University 2013 Spring Commencement moved indoors. Activities will be held in the auditorium of First Baptist Church, 119 W. Beaver Street. They are scheduled to start at 9:30 a.m. Tickets will not be required.
- Patton Park is closed Friday and Saturday due to bad weather. It is the soccer field used by First Coast Soccer.
- Friday night's Movies in the Park Downtown will be moved indoors. A free screening of 'Brave' will be held at the Wyndham Jacksonville Riverwalk on Prudential Dr. The show begins at 8 p.m.
- 19th Annual Fishing rodeo in Jacksonville Beach has been postponed. A new date for the event will be announced soon.
- Kids Triathlon at Jacksonville University postponed. Packet pickup will now happen on June 1 and races will be held June 2.
- Smile for Haiti fundraiser may be held indoors at Meobachi Salon on Jacksonville's Southside. The event will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wild West Show and Cowboy Mounted Shooting event in Palatka cancelled. Tentatively re-scheduled for Saturday June 1. No refunds, but tickets will be honored for the next show.
- Palm Coast Arbor Day 5K Root Run/Walk postponed until May 18. Runners can pick up their packets on race day. More information is available on the city's website.
Changes at The Players
Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla. (May 3, 2013) - Due to heavy rains that have brought more than 5 inches to THE PLAYERS Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass over the past 36 hours, tournament and PGA TOUR officials have adjusted the event schedule in order to allow the course to drain properly, minimize any damage that would affect the competition and give the course maintenance team as much time as possible to prepare the golf course once the storm conditions subside. Most notably, THE PLAYERS Championship will not be open to fans on Monday, May 6. All Monday ticketholders - whether grounds, Clubhouse, Benefactor, The Turn or any other hospitality venue - can use their Monday tickets for the same access on Tuesday, May 7. PLEASE NOTE: Executive Women's Day will be held on Monday, as scheduled.
* THE PLAYERS 5K with Donna, scheduled to take place on the back nine of THE PLAYERS Stadium Course, has been postponed. The run is now scheduled for Saturday, May 18, at 7:30 a.m. The post-race celebration will be in The Patio. For more information, contact runner relations firstname.lastname@example.org or 904-355-PINK.
* Golf Digest Hot List Demo Day, scheduled to take place on the driving range at TPC Sawgrass, has been cancelled. Details for a rescheduled event during theWeb.com Tour Championship in September will be announced at a later date.
* Operation Shower will take place as scheduled, from 2-4 p.m., but will be held in the Sunset Room of the TPC Sawgrass Clubhouse rather than in the Birdies for the Brave® Patriots' Outpost. Parking will remain in Lot 3.
Sunday, May 5
* The Military Job Fair will take place as scheduled, from 12-3 p.m., but will be held in the Ponte Vedra Room of the TPC Sawgrass Clubhouse, rather than in The Turn. Parking for this event will remain in Lot 3.
* The Cinco de Mayo party hosted by YCC (Youth Crisis Center) will take place as scheduled, from 5-8 p.m. in the Stadium Village.