• 9-year-old taken to hospital after mistaking 'Unicorn Milk' vape juice for candy

    By: Joy Johnston, Cox Media Group National Content Desk


    FREDERICTON, New Brunswick - A 9-year-old girl in Canada required hospital treatment after she mistook e-cigarette liquid for candy.

    Lea L'Hoir told the CBC that on Monday, her daughter found the bottle of "Unicorn Milk" on the playground at school. Because of the fanciful labeling and the strawberry scent, her daughter and friends ingested a few drops of what is actually e-cigarette liquid. The students began to feel ill and took the bottle to a teacher.

    >> Read more trending news

    L'Hoir picked up her daughter from school and took her to the hospital after reading about the dangers of ingesting concentrated nicotine liquid. L'Hoir's daughter was diagnosed with nicotine poisoning and received treatment before being released that evening, the CBC reported.

    While her daughter is recovering, L'Hoir wants to warn other parents about the dangers of vape liquid. She said the bottle did not clearly identify what was in it, with the ingredients written in small print and a tiny poison symbol on the side of the bottle.

    John van Hasselt - Corbis/Corbis via Getty Images

    Next Up:

  • Headline Goes Here

    9-year-old taken to hospital after mistaking 'Unicorn Milk' vape juice for candy

  • Headline Goes Here

    Bobcat captured aboard ferry boat

  • Headline Goes Here

    Mississippi boy, 9, accused of shooting sister over argument about video game

  • Headline Goes Here

    Exit poll: Putin wins re-election in landslide

  • Headline Goes Here

    Deputies: Florida bar owner shoots co-owner, self with patrons inside