The City of Jacksonville and area restaurants and businesses are paying tribute to past and present military members on Veterans Day.
Parades in Jacksonville and St. Augustine will honor veterans on Friday and the Jacksonville Jaguars game on Sunday is dedicated to military personnel.
Veterans can get a free or discounted meals at several area restaurants with proof of service:
- Olive Garden - free entree from special menu
- LongHorn Steakhouse - free appetizer or desert (no purchase required). 10 percent off for guests dining with veterans
- Outback Steakhouse - free blooming onion and drink
- Bonefish Grill - free Bang Bang Shrimp with valid military ID
- Mission BBQ - free sandwich and slice of cake
- IHOP - complimentary stack of patriotic pancakes from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Mimi's Cafe - free entree from special menu with purchase of non-alcoholic beverage and special $5.99 entree items all weekend
- Bob Evans - free meal from special menu
- Little Caesars - free hot and ready lunch combo from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Applebee's - free meal from special menu and $5 coupon
- Chicken Salad Chick - free chick meal, which includes a chicken salad scoop or sandwich, side, pickle, cookie and drink
- Baskin-Robbins - for every scoop they sell they will donate 11 cents to United Service organizations
- Buffalo Wild Wings - free small order of 10-12 tradition or boneless wings and side of fries
- Chipotle - buy one get one free for military personnel and spouses from 3 p.m. to close
- Chili's - free meal all day
- Cracker Barrel - free slice of double chocolate fudge Coca-cola cake
- Denny's - free build your own grand slam from 5 a.m. to noon
- Red Lobster - free appetizer or desert from special menu on Nov. 10 and 11
- O'Charley's - free meal from $10 menu
- Golden Corral - free dinner on Nov. 14
- California Pizza Kitchen - A free entrée when ordered off of a special menu for anyone who has served in the military
- Hooters - Veterans eat free on Nov. 11. Contact your local restaurant for details.
- Krispy Kreme - Veterans can get a free small coffee and a donut. No ID required.
- Krystal - Get a free sausage biscuit from 6-11 a.m. on Veterans Day.
Logan's Roadhouse - Get a free entree on Veterans Day.
Discounts offered to veterans at area businesses:
- Publix - 10 percent off groceries for military personnel and families
- JCPenney - 5 percent discount from Nov. 10 to 13 for current or former military personnel and immediate family
- World Golf Hall of Fame & Museum - free admission to all active-duty military, veterans and their dependents
- Topgolf - free Topgolf Heroes Membership with email code for $25 off game play that can be redeemed on Veterans Day
- Bed Bath & Beyond - 25 percent off Thursday to Sunday
The City of Jacksonville will host its annual Veterans Day parade through downtown beginning at EverBank Field at 11:01 a.m.
The parade route begins at EverBank Field at Lot J and will proceed down Bay Street to Newnan Street, follow to Independent Street and on Lee Street near the Prime Osborn Convention Center.
People who plan to watch the parade are encouraged to wear red, white and blue to show their support.
The parade can be viewed from multiple places along Bay Street, from A. Philip Randolph to Newnan Street, near the Jacksonville Landing, and along Water Street.
A Veterans Day parade in St. Augustine is scheduled to take place from 10:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
The parade route will start on Orange St. and continue east on Orange St., south on S. Castillo Dr./Avenida Menendez, west on Cathedral Pl., north on Cordova St. and then return to Orange St.
St. Augustine and City of Jacksonville offices and facilities will be closed on Veterans Day.
Garbage collection will not be affected.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.